This quick and easy recipe of Spinach & Potato (Aloo Palak) curry recipe is complete of proper Indian and Pakistani flavor. This fan-favourite recipe is examined to perfection and made with elements you in all likelihood already have! naturally vegetarian (or vegan, if you pass over the ghee/butter)
You can also try my recipe of Aloo Gobi (Cauliflower with potatoes) I’m sure you’ll love the recipe!
Spinach and Potato Curry – Aloo Palak
Aloo Palak, or Spinach and Potato Curry, is one of the maximum popular vegetarian Indian or Pakistani recipes. It’s typically dry, or stir-fried, in order that there isn’t any ‘curry’, according to se.
Aloo Palak is the suitable recipe for going in a concentrated amount of spinach within the maximum scrumptious way. Plus, it’s an super manner to dissipate wilting spinach. (you may additionally use it up in Sarson Ka Saag.)
I’ve attempted cooking Aloo Palak in countless methods…With much less onion, greater onion, yes tomatoes, no tomatoes, tomato paste instead of tomatoes, butter on the cease, without cutting the spinach (bad concept), including potatoes before the spinach, less oil, more oil, included, uncovered…andddd you’re asleep.
Ingredients for Aloo Palak – Spinach and Potato Curry
The best part about this recipe is there are no extra, unnecessary, or hard-to-find ingredients. You’ll need:
- Spinach – feel free to use fresh or frozen. You can also decrease the amount of spinach if you prefer it that way.
- Potatoes – two small russet potatoes would work as would 1 very large.
- Oil, onions, tomatoes, green chili peppers – essentials for most South Asian dinner recipes.
- Garlic & Ginger – I typically crush mine in a mortar or pestle or in a food processor. You can also use paste if that’s what you have.
- Spices! You’ll need cumin seeds along with spice powders such as coriander, cumin, red chili, and turmeric. Garam masala is optional.
How to Make Aloo Palak
- Finely chop the spinach leaves the use of a food processor. I regularly use my meals processor to chop the onion & tomato as well.
- Boil the potatoes with some salt. Alternately, you could leave the potatoes raw and prepare dinner them along the spinach (more conventional).
- Sauté the onion, then add the garlic, ginger, and inexperienced chili pepper.
- Stir inside the the tomatoes, spices, and salt.
- Add the spinach and stir-fry to reduce down. If it’s taking its time, add a bit of water and cover to prepare dinner.
- Toss inside the boiled potatoes and stir to coat. Sprinkle in a chunk of lime or lemon and serve hot.
Tips for Making This Spinach and Potato Curry:
Leaving the pan uncovered guarantees that the spinach retains its vibrant green coloration, flavor, and nutrients. If the spinach needs to cook dinner further, decrease the heat, add water, and cover to cook dinner until it now not has a uncooked flavor.
unique kinds of spinach will require extraordinary cook times. baby spinach chefs quicker whilst bunch spinach takes a piece greater time. Frozen spinach needs to be sautéed longer than fresh.
To store time, i like to boil the potatoes so i can start cooking the spinach alongside. in case you need to bypass boiling the potatoes, you can add them after cooking down the spinach. add 1/four cup water at the side of the potatoes, cover, and allow them to prepare dinner on low heat for 20-25 minutes, or till gentle.