This oven baked hen and Rice recipe has captured the hearts of people all around the global! Buttery garlic rice AND juicy seasoned baked bird thighs, baked together in the same pan with much less than 10 mins of prep.
The rice absorbs the chook juices as it cooks, adding hundreds of flavour. It’s like cooking the rice with a home made stock!
Chicken and rice recipe
This chook and rice recipe has been a reader preferred for see you later, I notion it become about time I updated it with a miles stepped forward video and photographs!
Readers tell me they love it because:
- it’s a one pan dinner – the uncooked rice and fowl are cooked collectively at the identical time;
- absolutely fingers off – unlike cooking rice at the range which requires more interest, you just placed the pan inside the oven, set the timer and stroll away;
- short to prepare – lively prep time is beneath 10 minutes; and
- it’s very, very delicious!
So right here’s what you get in this bird and rice recipe – juicy seasoned bird….
…. AND fluffy rice. GARLIC BUTTER rice, at that!
(And ps, to all of the fellow rice snobs out there – this rice is fluffy and flawlessly cooked, not soggy and comfortable such as you’d count on. The trick is to pour warm drinks over the uncooked rice – offers it a huge head start within the oven!)
What you need for this baked Chicken and Rice
here’s what you want:
- pores and skin on, bone in chook thighs is satisfactory for this recipe because they take the equal period of time to cook dinner inside the oven as the rice – 50 minutes in total. however, we get rid of the skin due to the fact otherwise the fats drips down into the rice as it chefs which makes it overly greasy. It’s smooth – it’s effortless and takes 5 seconds flat per hen.
- pores and skin on, bone in bird thighs is exceptional for this recipe because they take the identical period of time to cook dinner within the oven as the rice – 50 minutes in total. however, we put off the skin due to the fact in any other case the fats drips down into the rice because it cooks which makes it overly greasy. It’s easy – it’s handy and takes 5 seconds flat in keeping with fowl.
How to make chicken and rice in the oven
And here’s how to make it. the first 2 steps shown under is the “oven sautéing” of the onion and garlic cited above. this is what offers the rice the exquisite buttery garlic flavour!
The rice is outrageously suitable. It’s buttery and garlicky, it’s gentle however not gentle (I’m of jap background, all Asians are snobs with regards to rice). It’s got all the flavour from the juices of the hen and you get crispy bits on the edges that I just want to choose off and feature all to myself!
What to serve with chicken and rice
Add a huge leafy salad on the facet with a salad dressing of preference (Balsamic Dressing and Honey Mustard Dressing are on heavy rotation in my life these days). Or add a few steamed greens and toss with a salad dressing whilst hot – they’ll suck up the dressing and make in any other case rather dull steamed greens infinitely more exciting!
Oh – and in the video, you’ll see this 4 Minute Gravy as a recommended more. You don’t need a sauce for this because the rice is so well flavoured and the fowl is juicy. but if you have the time, gravy will take it over the top!
Dinner simply were given real smooth. revel in!