This amazing curry with spinach and chickpeas is rich and creamy and truly easy to make. it is packed with flavour and amazing for a quick and tasty weeknight family meal. it is also vegan and gluten-free.Ramsha Baig
This curry is so easy to make that sometimes when I feel not to eat anything I make this curry with steamed white rice. I always prefer white rice by Meraki Organics. They have the best rice in all Jersey . So back to this curry I remember one of my friend asked me for something quick and easy and also home friendly recipe I suggest this curry and she loved it. She also newly converted to Veganism. Now she make this curry once a week. So happy for her.
Why This Recipe Works
Family-friendly recipe – this curry is slight enough that the kids can experience it too. but in case you fancy it hotter this is easy to do too! simply add more chilli and more curry powder.
Clean to make – it’s certainly smooth to make and may be on the desk in 40 minutes!
Even meat-eaters love this! The meaty mushrooms on this curry even satisfy the beef-eaters in my existence!
What You’ll Need To Make This Mushroom Curry
- Mushrooms – i take advantage of 2 types of mushrooms to make this curry, chestnut and portobello mushrooms. look for firm easy mushrooms, that smell sparkling. Wipe your mushrooms easy with kitchen paper or a vegetable brush.
- Spinach – fresh toddler spinach works high-quality right here, however you could use frozen in case you need. simply make sure to thaw it first and get rid of any excess water.
- Chickpeas – i use canned chickpeas in this recipe for comfort, you could use dried chickpeas soaked in a single day then cooked.
- Spices – Turmeric, medium curry powder, mustard seeds and floor fenugreek are the spices you’ll want for this curry. You need to find all of those for your local grocery store within the global food/spice section. Fenugreek is more difficult to get in some countries, you should locate it in your local Indian grocery shop or online. in case you can not discover it do not worry, many human beings have made this curry with exquisite effects with out it or by using the usage of fenugreek seeds as an alternative.
- Aromatics – Garlic, ginger, onion and pink chilli pepper. I continually use sparkling ginger and garlic.
- Coconut Milk – i exploit full-fats coconut milk for this, you could make it with low-fats coconut milk however the sauce can be barely thinner. I do not advise the use of any other milk to make this curry. search for a very good quality coconut milk.
- Chopped Tomatoes – you may need possible of chopped/diced tomatoes for this recipe. again move for a terrific satisfactory brand for the satisfactory effects.
How To Make Mushroom Curry
- Cook the onion for approximately 5 mins over medium heat. The onions must be translucent. Then add garlic, ginger, and chilli and cook for another 2 mins. Stir inside the spices and cook for a minute till the spices launch their aromas.
- Next, add the mushrooms along side a splash of water and stir till the mushrooms are covered in the spices. Season with the salt and pepper. Then add the can of tomatoes and the chickpeas, stir and leave to simmer for 5 mins. subsequent, upload the coconut milk, stir and depart to simmer gently for every other five mins.
- Finally, add the spinach. As quickly as the spinach has wilted the curry is ready. Serve right now with rice, lime wedges, and a few coriander/cilantro leaves.
Pro Tips for Making The Best Mushroom Curry
- Mushrooms – Use a mixture of chestnut and portobello mushrooms, they may give the curry more flavour and deliver it a pleasant meaty texture. constantly easy your mushrooms with a vegetable brush or by wiping them clean with kitchen paper. in no way wash your mushrooms, they maintain water and might become waterlogged, they can get quite slimy then while you cook dinner them.
- Coconut Milk – i use complete-fat coconut milk to make this curry, you may get the quality results with this. I don’t propose using any other milk, however, a few people have had splendid fulfilment using a bit almond milk after which thickening the sauce with a cornstarch/cornflour slurry.
- Heat – This curry is intentionally slight so it’s suitable for the entire own family. in case you need more warmth i might add greater chilli and extra curry powder, go with your taste buds.