Spicy yummy fruit and mango avocado salsa fills these vegan tacos with tangy flavor! It’s bright, fresh and fun to eat.
While browsing through Nisha Vora’s vegan Instant Pot cookbook, these spicy vegan tacos immediately caught my eye. The combination of ginger, soy sauce, and ripe fruit wouldn’t have occurred to me personally. But wow, wow, wow, these are delicious! I’ve made vegan taco recipes in the past with ground beef, such as sweet potatoes, black beans, mushroom taco “meat,” and more, but this jackfruit filling is one of my favourites. It has a very good, hearty texture and a strong, spicy flavor that pairs perfectly with the sweet and juicy avocado salad.
I’m obsessed with vegan tacos and I think you will be too!
Vegan Taco Meat
The vegan taco meat in this recipe is Jamaican Jerky Spiced Jackfruit. If you’ve never cooked with jackfruit, this is one of my favorite plant-based meat substitutes. Its sticky, plump texture is perfect for ground pork—think pulled pork or chicken. When we made this skin, Jack and I kept talking about how it would turn out!
Canned coconut is soft on its own, so Nisha flavored it with homemade food.
With ingredients like cinnamon, black pepper, cumin, and paprika, jerk spices are probably already in your pantry. This mix is a combination of familiar ingredients, but aromatic, sweet and spicy. Lemon juice, soy sauce, and tomatoes make taco fillings super tasty, tangy, and juicy. We are not enough!
Vegan Tacos Variations
- InstantPot or not. Nisha cooks her vegan taco meat in the InstantPot, but since I’m the only person in the world without a taco, I cook mine in a regular pot and it only takes 20 minutes. My oven tips are shared in the recipe below.
- Mobile phone number. The mango avocado salad in this recipe is really delicious.
- The sharp avocado breath softens its heat, while the cucumber is crunchy. If you’re looking for a change, my mango or pineapple salad recipe is also great.
- Wealth added. If you like your vegan tacos with a rich and creamy topping, finish the tacos with sliced avocado, cashew sour cream, or a tablespoon of guacamole.
- Choose your favorite taco.
- I love tortillas made with flour and flour because I love the comfort of flour tortillas because I love the taste of tortillas. I either buy this brand or make my own. If you’re using regular tortillas, this vegan taco recipe is gluten-free!
Vegan Tacos Serving Suggestions
Make this vegetarian taco recipe for a weeknight dinner or use it for fun! You can cook the puff pastry up to three days ahead and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to eat. Then mix the salsa, reheat the puff on the stove, pack your tacos and eat!
If you’re looking for a side dish to round out your taco night, these vegan tacos are great with one of these recipes:
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Watermelon Salad
- Healthy Taco Salad
- Mexican Street4 Corn Salad 4
- Grilled Avocado Vegetable Ceviche
- With refried beans, black beans, or kidney beans
Don’t forget the margaritas! If you like something spicy, check out this recipe, or if you like something fruity, try my favorite Watermelon Margarita.
what are you waiting for? Go for the tacos! Also be sure to check out The Vegan Instant Pot Cookbook. It contains many recipes that I want to make like Tofu Cauliflower Tikka Masala and vegan Cookies ‘n’ Cream Cheesecake.
More Favorite Taco Recipes
If tacos are for you, check out this post for more of my best taco recipes! If you want more recipes, try my next Green Chile Taquitos or BBQ Sandwiches!
Next, here are more than 85 healthy recipes and my favorite easy dinner ideas.