Vegan Cabbage Soup contains a whole head of cabbage, mixed greens and herbs for a healthy and delicious meal full of flavor!
I need a new soup in my life – here it is! Filled with healthy coleslaw, green beans, carrots, tomatoes, and Italian herbs, this is pretty much the best vegan slaw ever!
WHY WE LOVE THIS RECIPE!
- A simple one-pot recipe using everyday ingredients that can be prepared from start to finish in 45 minutes.
- Can be made on the stovetop, in the slow cooker, or in the Instant Pot!
- It is a nutritious and delicious food packed with healthy fiber, vitamins and minerals. Check out the menu below!
- There’s also the option to make lean cabbage soup, which is heart-friendly and practically fat-free.
- If you have leftovers, it tastes even better the next day!
- Without further ado, let’s make soup!
CABBAGE SOUP INGREDIENTS
Made with just 10 simple ingredients, everything you need is here, including the change. Measurements can be found in the chart below.
- Cabbage – Both green and savoy cabbage are good choices.
- Mirepoix – A mixture of onions, carrots and celery, often used as a flavoring for soups.
- Tomatoes – Large tomatoes make this dish even easier.
- Green beans – fresh in season is best, otherwise frozen is fine. They add healthy protein to the soup.
- Potatoes – Yukon, russian, white or red potatoes are fine. Use what you love or have on hand. Swap out the sweet potatoes for more nutrition!
- Seasoning – Rich Italian seasoning makes this soup full of flavor. Add 2 teaspoons per serving—thyme, thyme, and basil. Herbes de Provence is another delicious mix! For another layer of flavor, consider using 1/2 – 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika or smoked paprika for an extra flavor.
- Vegetable Juice – Besides seasoning, good food adds another layer of flavor.
- I use 1/2 – 1 tsp. Vegetables Better Than Bouillon With Water.
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN CABBAGE SOUP
Below is a brief introduction to the cabbage soup process. See the full menu card below.
- Cabbage, cored and chopped.
- Saute onions, carrots and celery at the last minute, adding seasonings.
- Add potatoes, green beans, tomatoes with broth, and cabbage.
- Pour the vegetable broth on it and cook for 30 minutes.
- Here, now you can eat!
- Use at least 5 liters. pan. This recipe uses a whole head of cabbage and needs extra space before the cabbage wilts.
- Add more protein. Add 1 can (14 ounces) of baked beans and rinsed white beans (cannellini, kidney beans, or chickpeas) for a balanced recipe, or use 1 1/2 cups green beans.
- We usually use a can of lentils and they are amazing! Sometimes we add sliced veggie sausage at the end of cooking to warm it up a bit. All of these options are delicious!
- Remove or replace potatoes with sweet potatoes.
- Don’t be afraid to add more vegetables.
- Sometimes we remove the potatoes and add 1 lb of green beans. Also, adding broccoli, zucchini or carrots and celery can make this soup last longer, making it especially good for meal prep.
- Add the pasta. Shellfish, elbow, penne, rotini, fusilli, etc. Add 8 ounces of cooked rice, such as
- Absorbs water.
- Serve with homemade bread dipped in juice, vegan cornbread, or naan.
MORE HEALTHY SOUP RECIPES!
- Hearty Vegan Lentil Soup (fan favorite)
- Creamy Celery Soup (celery has never tasted so good!)
- Lemon Rosemary White Bean Soup (another reader’s favourite)
- Vegetarian French Onion Soup (easy and perfect)
- Vegetarian Tomato Basil Soup (Grilled) With cheese) )