This veggie omelet is a scrumptious and filling breakfast made with eggs and stuffed with greens and shredded cheese – easy & versatile!
This Veggie Omelet is a classic omelet full of cooked red onions, peppers, mushrooms, and spinach. if you’re seeking out a manner to replace up your breakfast.
High-protein egg breakfast loaded with veggies. It’s smooth, flavourful, and noticeably customisable – the perfect breakfast omelet or simple brunch recipe.Ramsha Baig
Veggie omelette garnished with parsley on white plate with fork on plate. Starting up your day with a veggie omelet is perfection. Every chunk is loaded with flawlessly cooked greens and cheese. Enjoy this with a hot cup of espresso, or whip it up as a short brunch recipe as properly!
You can also try my many Beverages recipes such as: Eggs with Spinach & Mushrooms
Why You’ll Love This Vegetable Omelet
Nutritious. Eggs are excessive protein and the omelet is loaded with wholesome ingredients, presenting fuel in your frame to jumpstart your day!
Superb way to eat more vegetables. Cooking omelets are a fantastic manner to alternate up and boom your veggie intake!
Deplete leftovers. not anything is simpler than an omelet for using up leftover veggies, meats and cheeses. It’s a terrific manner to smooth out the refrigerator on the quit of the week.
Ingredients to Make a Veggie Omelet
- Eggs: Use whatever type of eggs that you prefer for this recipe and whisk them well.
- Olive oil: Frying up the omelet in olive oil gives a nice outer texture that pairs really well with the inside ingredients.
- Veggies: Use any vegetables you want. I’m using, red onions, red peppers, mushrooms and baby spinach. Diced red onions are great because they add a sweetness and a bit of a crunch. Sliced mushrooms add a hearty taste and texture to the dish. Make sure to chop the veggies similarly in size and add the spinach at the end so it doesn’t wilt too much.
- Shredded cheddar cheese: Using shredded cheese melts extremely quickly within the omelet.
How to Make a Mixed Veggie Omelet
- Add the organized veggies (minus the spinach) to a hot skillet, with a bit little bit of oil.
- Add inside the spinach and sautee.
- Get rid of the cooked vegetables from the pan and add the eggs.
- Prepare dinner till the omelet starts to appearance achieved, then add the cheese and cooked vegetables to 1 1/2 of the egg.
- Fold the top 1/2 of the egg over the pinnacle.
- Cook dinner until the cheese is melted.
Tips for Making Veggie Omelet
Don’t add milk. chorus from including milk in your egg mixture, and simplest use water. The addition of water thins out the egg and helps to give it an omelet consistency.
Tilt the pan. To make sure the egg aggregate gets completely cooked inside the skillet, pick out up the pan by way of the handle and tilt it round as soon as the egg is added.
Don’t flip the omelet. chorus from seeking to turn the omelet. the heat ought to be deliver via just excellent for the pinnacle and backside.
Popular Substitutions & Additions (Veggie Omelet)
- Different Cheese. An smooth manner to alternate the flavor is to change the sort of shredded cheese. Colby jack cheese, pepper jack cheese or even feta cheese are brilliant options.
- Veggies. blend and healthy the greens. you could easily add in any other veggies that you’d like or simply dispose of ones which you don’t care for.
- Seasoning. add some heat with cayenne pepper or red chili flakes.
- Toppings. Don’t neglect to feature toppings! sparkling cilantro, sour cream, or even greater shredded cheese are delicious
What to Serve With Your Veggie Omelet With Spinach
- Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Smoothie Bowl (3 Ways)
- Breakfast English Muffin Pizzas
How to Reheat & Store Veggie Omelet
Leftover omelets are high-quality and imply which you’ll get to come lower back and experience the flavors once more. simply save the omelet in an hermetic field with a lid once it has cooled down.
To reheat a leftover omelet, use the microwave or positioned the omelet again into the pan on a low setting. live near and cast off from the heat as soon as it’s warmed all the manner thru.
How Long Will This Vegetable Omelet Final Inside the Fridge?
Make a plan to eat the remaining omelet within 1-2 days after storing it.
Can I Freeze Omelets?
This egg omelet is best loved clean. whilst I don’t endorse freezing the omelet, the prepped veggies could be frozen in order that they’re equipped to thaw and use for once more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you cook veggies before putting them in an omelet?
Yes, any vegetables that are crunchy or harder in texture should be cooked before adding to an omelet.
Should you put milk in an omelet?
Water is the only liquid that you should be adding to your egg mixture. Adding milk will only make the omelet “loose” and watery because the milk won’t fully mix in with the eggs.
Should you flip an omelet?
There is no need to flip an omelet. The bottom side of the omelet will cook from the heat of the pan, and once the top is flipped over, that internal heat will melt the rest of the cheese