This Blueberry Bread Loaf is an easy blueberry cake recipe that takes 10 minutes to prepare. The batter is made with yoghurt which makes this loaf lovable and moist, and all you want is a wood spoon and one bowl. With a simple lemon glaze, this makes for a cute afternoon tea! And you can also try my recipe of Healthy Breakfast Cookies. I’m sure you’ll love it.
Make this with any fruit you need – fresh, frozen or even dried I mostly make this with dried fruits such as nuts as well.
Blueberry Bread Loaf
This is a quick bread recipe, and is aptly named as such due to the fact it is so short to put together. once you pull out your bathtub of flour, sugar and other ingredients onto the counter, it’ll certainly take you much less than 10 mins to put together.
In reality, you’ll probable ought to start preheating your oven before you start preparing the batter. in any other case it gained’t be warm sufficient. That’s how fast that is to make.
As it goes like this: whisk collectively flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Then add egg, yoghurt, oil, lemon zest and vanilla. Fold in blueberries. Pour into pan and bake.
Yes, it’s that clean. ONE BOWL. No mixer. i love very a whole lot.
Ingredients in Blueberry Loaf Bread
Here’s what you need to make this blueberry loaf cake recipe:
- Yogurt – A “mystery ingredient” wet aspect in baking to make batters that bake up into lovable moist cakes. Any undeniable, unsweetened yogurt is great here. I commonly use Greek Yogurt.
- Flour – just simple / all cause flour.
- Oil – Canola oil, or every other plain flavoured oil (inclusive of vegetable, sunflower, grapeseed oil). this is any other ingredient that maintains the crumb of this cake lovely and wet in comparison to the usage of butter. while butter offers extra flavour in cakes, it makes the crumb extra dry. on this recipe, we get flavour from the lemon, vanilla and blueberries so we are able to use oil in preference to butter for a greater wet crumb.
- Baking powder – This gives the raise on this recipe, to make the crumb adorable and gentle.
- Lemon – Lemon and blueberries are a conventional pairing i use in many of my blueberry recipes.
- Sugar – less than maximum, so this blueberry bread loaf isn’t always as candy as many recipes you’ll find. And that’s just the way i like it!
- Eggs – At room temperature, so that they comprise without difficulty into the batter. i take advantage of massive eggs which are 55-60g / 2 ozeach, an enterprise fashionable so the eggs could be labelled “massive eggs” on the carton.
- Vanilla – For flavour. i exploit vanilla extract here which is actual vanilla flavour. Vanilla essence is artificial so the flavor is not as suitable. I generally most effective use pricier vanilla bean paste or vanilla beans for more refined dessert recipes, inclusive of the recently posted Flan Pâtissier (the sector’s finest Custard Tart!)
- Salt – just a contact, to carry out the flavours. This is ideal widespread practice for all (well, maximum!) sweet baking recipes.
How to make Blueberry Loaf Bread
Super quick and easy… remember, this is a quick bread recipe!
- Toss blueberries in flour – This facilitates ensure the blueberries stay suspended through the batter as it bakes, rather than sinking to the bottom. Yep, been there, accomplished that!
- Whisk dry ingredients – The flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Add wet ingredients – Eggs, yogurt, lemon, vanilla and oil. supply it a great mix just till mixed. as soon as the batter is smooth and you not see streaks of flour, stop blending. if you overmix, your cake will emerge as tough rather than smooth.
- Stir in blueberries – add the flour coated blueberries and stir gently just to mix them through.
- Pour into loaf pan – Scrape the batter right into a covered loaf pan. the only i exploit within reason small, 21 x 11 x 7 cm (eight.3 x four.5 x 2.75″). This makes a pleasing tall shaped loaf. in case your loaf pan is greater, that’s totally quality, it’s going to just received’t be pretty as tall as pictured.
- Line the loaf pan with parchment / baking paper to make sure your cake will no longer stick. simply lightly grease it with butter so the paper sticks.
- Bake 5o mins at 200*C/390°F (180°C fan pressured).
- Cover with foil then bake for a similarly 15 to 25 minutes until a skewer inserted into the center comes out easy. I take a look at it after 15 mins, then if the skewer remains moist, I leave it in for another 10 minutes. The variable is usually whether or not you used fresh blueberries (shorter baker time) or frozen (longer bake time).
- Voila! geared up to devour! Will you glaze it with lemon glaze?? yes!
Lemon Glaze ingredients
I’ve furnished a lemon glaze on this recipe, but while time is of the essence, I simply dust with icing sugar. It doesn’t need a glaze, it’s far sweet, wet and tasty sufficient with out. but it’s miles even higher WITH!
So in case you’re within the temper, right here’s what you want for the glaze!
- Soft icing sugar / powdered sugar – For Australians analyzing this, smooth icing sugar isn’t always to be burdened with natural icing sugar. gentle icing sugar is what is used to make creamy frostings like buttercream. pure icing sugar sets with a crust for things like royal icing.
- Lemon juice – The number one liquid used to make the glaze, to provide it a subtle tang that balances out the sweetness of the glaze and pairs fantastically with the blueberry loaf bread.
- Milk – If wanted, to thin the glaze to the right consistency.
To make the lemon glaze, just blend the ingredients, the use of milk to get the right consistency so it’s thick enough to drizzle over. cautious no longer to make it too thin!