This Cream Cheese Spinach Dip is a rich creamy dip that may be a made with greek yogurt in preference to bitter cream – super with bread and crackers!
This lightened up cream cheese spinach dip needs to make an look at your next get-together! It’s made with cream cheese and greek yogurt so it’s lighter in fat and calories that traditional spinach dip. but it’s nevertheless creamy, tacky and scrumptious!
You can also try my recipe of Avocado sauce.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Spinach: This recipe uses frozen spinach. Thaw it nicely before the usage of and take away the excess moisture.
- Yogurt: Greek yogurt lightens up this dip however it’s nonetheless fantastic creamy and tastes indulgent. Greek yogurt additionally carries protein, however you may use simple if that’s what you have.
- Cheese: This baked dip is made with cream cheese, mozzarella and parmesan. This recipe is truly for cheese fans!
- Seasonings: Garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
How to Make Cream Cheese Spinach Dip
- Add the ingredients for the dip to a large bowl.
- Stir to combine so that everything is well incorporated.
- Spread the mixture into a greased baking dish and top with mozzarella.
- Bake until the cheese has melted and browned.
Tips to Make This Recipe
Dispose of the extra moisture from the spinach earlier than the use of. in case you don’t drain and squeeze it out well, your dip can turn out to be too watery.
Use complete fats cream cheese for the excellent outcomes. Low fats cream cheese can be thinner in texture, it’ll nonetheless work, but the effects can be barely special. Low fat cream cheese additionally has introduced ingredients.
Soften your cream cheese before mixing with the other components. this could make the entirety less difficult to mix. Take it out of the refrigerator about an hour earlier than you need to make the dip.
Make it your own! you could add other seasonings to this cream cheese spinach dip, like paprika or a few chili flakes for some spice. Mozzarella works first rate for the topping, but you may use cheddar or Jack in case you select.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you thaw frozen spinach?
Thaw the frozen spinach speedy by adding to to a pot of boiling water for a few minutes before draining. you can also permit it sit down in the fridge overnight or microwave it.
Can you use fresh spinach?
We decide upon the convenience of frozen spinach, but you could use fresh. just chop it well earlier than quickly wilting it to apply.
Can you make it ahead of time?
you may make up the dip multiple days beforehand of time and preserve it included in the refrigerator till you are prepared to bake it. as soon as baked it’s going to preserve well for up to 3 days and may be reheated inside the oven at 350F, included with foil, till heated thru to serve.