This sauce is perfect for cheese burgers recipe, right here’s a tomato chutney designed particularly to be a burger sauce.
Having said that, I’ve been the use of it as an all-rounder condiment for the whole lot from sandwiches to scrambled eggs, red meat chops to chargrilled skirt steak! I in particular like that it’s no longer as sweet as conventional tomato chutney.
You can also try my recipe of Grilled Lamb Burgers I’m sure you’ll love the recipe!
Tomato chutney burger sauce
That is a tomato burger sauce that is quite a good deal a tomato chutney. the main variations being that conventional tomato chutney is typically sweeter, and commonly consists of a very good amount of onion plus spices like ginger, chilli and on occasion cardamom. not truly natural pairings with beefy burgers!
Rather, I’ve long gone with extra savoury flavourings consisting of Worcestershire sauce, paprika, onion and garlic powder.
Special in flavouring it is able to be, however this burger sauce is simply as flexible as conventional tomato chutney. See the phase under for suggestions to be used!
What goes in tomato chutney sauce for burgers
Here’s what you need for this tomato chutney sauce for burgers:
- Canned tomato – i love to apply crushed as I think it’s were given the great texture for the supposed use. however diced will work too, although the sauce will look a little chunkier.
- Worcestershire sauce – an awesome hit of savoury flavour.
- Brown sugar – For sweetness, although you’ll discover that this sauce is a lot less sweet than traditional tomato chutney.
- Apple cider vinegar – This brings the tang to this sauce which fits nicely collectively with all the rich juicy meatiness and cheesiness in burgers.
- Spices – these are the seasonings for this tomato burger sauce. We may be a piece flexible right here:
- Garlic powder – substitute with 1/2 garlic clove, finely minced, or extra onion powder
- Onion powder – alternative with extra garlic powder
- Smoked paprika – replacement with regular paprika
- Mustard powder – use ordinary mustard unfold rather (now not a spicy one like hot English Mustard, unless you’re deliberately trying to make it spicy!)
- Celery salt – replacement with simple salt
Batch size and storing
This recipe makes round 1 half of cups (375 ml) that is enough for five to six burgers. now not a large batch recipe like you’d normally do for chutneys as i am sharing this recipe to be the sauce for Cheeseburgers which I additionally posted nowadays.
Storing – store in sterilised jars for up to 6 weeks, or 1 week in normal bins, or 3 months in the freezer.
Ways to use this tomato chutney
As I stated at the beginning – and actually, in the identify (!) – that is a tomato chutney that changed into created specially to be a sauce for slathering onto juicy burgers. mainly, the massive, juicy Cheeseburgers I also posted nowadays even though you can even have a leisurely browse thru my burger series!
Having stated that, as I also mentioned at the start, I’ve surely enjoyed the use of this as a condiment much like any tomato chutney. In truth, probable more because it’s got a fragment of the wonder of traditional tomato chutney!
Right here are the other approaches to use this:
In sandwiches (extremely good with Meatloaf sandwiches!)
Dipping sauce – for things like beer battered fish, crumbed chicken tenders, beef kabobs
Dolloping on – pretty a great deal any roast, egg white or normal omelettes, undeniable poached or baked chicken breast, grilled sausages (sure!), a simple piece of pan fried fish or grilled steak (try skirt steak!).
Crostini or any toasted bread – either smear with some thing like ricotta then dollop over this tomato chutney, or smear with this chutney then scatter over crumbled marinated feta or goats cheese. YUM.