Quick and easy to make, these air fryer zucchini chips are a great healthier option for an appetizer. Served with a creamy sour cream dip.Quick and easy to make, these air fryer zucchini chips are a great healthier option for an appetizer. Served with a creamy sour cream dip.
Crispy, tacky and so smooth to make, those zucchini chips are a breeze to cook in the air fryer. Served with a sour cream dip, those breaded parmesan veggie chips make for a scrumptious appetizer or snack.
Ingredients & Substitutions Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Zucchini: Use massive zucchinis and reduce them into slices, approximately ¼ inch thick. As they prepare dinner they will get thinner.
- Egg and milk: each zucchini spherical is dipped into crushed egg and milk so that the panko breadcrumb mixture clings to the floor.
- Flour: you may use all motive flour or any gluten-loose flours will also work nicely in this recipe.
- Parmesan: Use freshly grated parmesan as opposed to pre-grated. fresh may have a better taste and a less dry and gritty texture. Use a rennet loose parmesan to make these chips vegetarian.
- Seasonings: Garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
- For the dip: bitter cream, parmesan, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, dill, salt and pepper.
How to Make Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Slice the zucchini and dip each round inside the flour, milk and egg mixture and then the panko breadcrumb mix to fully coat.
- Place the breaded zucchini inside the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Cook, flipping midway until golden brown and crispy.
Tips for Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
Pulse the panko breadcrumbs to make the finer. It’s less complicated for the panko to stick to the small zucchini slices after they’re more pleasant. this is non-obligatory although.
Preheat your air fryer earlier than putting the zucchini in the basket to cook dinner. this could help the chips cook dinner evenly through. in case you don’t have a preheat function on your air fryer, set it to run at 400F for 5 mins at the same time as you are dredging the zucchini.
Place the zucchini in a unmarried layer. if you place them overlapping, they gained’t crisp up and the parmesan panko coating may also fall off while you turn them. cook in batches if wanted.
One of a kind air fryer fashions can vary in times and temperatures required for this recipe. those had been perfect after 8 minutes inside the air fryer proven, however adjust your cooking instances if required until golden brown and crispy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you’re making them ahead of time?
these are first-class served as soon as they may be cooked, as after a chunk of time they could loose their crunch. but, you may quick and without difficulty reheat them to get them great and crispy again. simply pop them for your air fryer at 400F for two to three minutes to serve. Cooked zucchini chips will maintain well for round four days in an airtight box.
Do you need to peel the zucchini?
There’s no need to get rid of the zucchini skin to make those chips. They upload more flavor in addition to vitamins, and now not to say a amusing pop of colour.
What do you serve them with?
i love to serve those with a easy bitter cream dip that is in the recipe underneath. they may be also remarkable with a marinara dip or feta dip. They make for a top notch after college snack, or to serve up on recreation day together with your different favourite appetizers.