Prepared to serve in less than 20 minutes, these shrimp lettuce wraps are served with a highly spiced peanut dipping sauce for a chunk complete of taste.
Geared up to serve in minutes, these low carb shrimp lettuce wraps make for a scrumptious and wholesome important, quick lunch or appetizer. Served with a spicy Thai peanut sauce, they may be mild, refreshing and so tasty! You can also try my recipe of Smoked Salmon Platter.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Shrimp: Use small or medium sized shrimp so they match without difficulty into the lettuce wraps. Peel and devein them (if essential) earlier than seasoning and fast cooking.
- Lettuce: Butter lettuce is quality to apply for lettuce wraps as the leaves are fairly huge, and they are also pliable to preserve the fillings. It’s additionally known as Boston or Bibb lettuce.
- Greens: Scallions, crimson bell pepper and carrots.
- Spicy peanut dipping sauce: Peanut butter, water, sriracha, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and garlic.
How to Make Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
- Prepare dinner the shrimp on both facets till pink; then set apart.
- Add the veggies to the the same skillet.
- Cook till softened however still crisp.
- Add the shrimp back to the pan to warmness via. you then’re prepared to serve the shrimp mixture on the lettuce wraps with the highly spiced peanut dip.
Tips for Making the Lettuce Wraps
Use small or medium sized shrimp. To get that best bite of shrimp and vegetables, it enables to use the smaller length. This makes them simpler to serve at the lettuce wraps and easier to devour. you may also just reduce the shrimp into smaller sizes.
Don’t over prepare dinner the shrimp. Shrimp doesn’t need loads of cooking time. To avoid rubbery dried shrimp, hold an eye on it and cook dinner simply till it turns opaque crimson.
Modify the spice ranges. The peanut sauce is a touch highly spiced as it has sriracha in it. in case you are very touchy to heat you can go away this out, or add in a bit extra to amp up the flavors.
Use a one-of-a-kind protein. Shrimp is scrumptious in those lettuce wraps, however shredded hen works extraordinary too. Make a vegan model with the aid of the usage of tofu or chickpeas.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you make it ahead of time?
The lettuce wraps are best assembled just before serving, but you can make the shrimp filling and peanut sauce ahead of time. The shrimp and veggies will keep well in the fridge for 3 to 4 days and can be enjoyed cold or quickly reheated on the stovetop. The peanut sauce will keep well in the fridge for up to a week.
Can you use frozen shrimp?
Fresh shrimp generally have a better texture than frozen, but both will work well in this recipe. If using frozen shrimp, thaw them fully and pat them dry before seasoning and cooking.