Sicilian chook Spaghetti is a quick dinner you make whilst you’ve got hen, canned tomato and a few sort of pasta mendacity around. Raid your olive jars and marvel at how little attempt it takes to make this punchy flavoured chook pasta in an effort to be a life saver on busy nights!
this is a quick dinner idea that’s primarily based on using what you’ve got – so feel unfastened to customize!
I’ve affectionately dubbed this pasta as a Sicilian bird Spaghetti for no different reason than to feature a bit za za zoom to what’s without a doubt a completely easy pasta made with pantry staples, but is though can’t-prevent-slurping-it-excellent.
It’s a basic tomato garlic pasta sauce, but it receives a flavour improve from some little things:
searing the bird first – the golden bits stuck at the pan upload flavour into the sauce;
- using wine to deglaze the pan (fancy phrase to describe dissolving golden bits in pan into liquid). Wine is a mystery ingredient to feature complexity to in any other case easy sauces, and some thing i exploit often – from this short Creamy Mushroom Sauce For the whole thing to Garlic Prawns (Shrimp); and
- using olives, artichokes or comparable antipastoey matters (is that a real phrase??) to add pops of flavour.
What you need for this chicken spaghetti
Right here’s what you want.
Olives and artichokes – these are the matters that’s supposed to be “use some thing antipasto-ey things you’ve got” a part of this recipe. I’m wondering: roasted peppers, marinated mushrooms, solar dried tomatoes – that type of aspect. Leftover homemade Marinated Roasted or Marinated BBQ greens would be 100% ideal too (in fact, likely the nice!)
- Basil is elective – I don’t commonly have a bunch lying around in my fridge. Sub with a teaspoon or so of dried herbs.
- Chilli flakes (aka red pepper flakes) also elective – a like a touch warmness to spice things up!
- White wine – a conventional ingredient to feature greater flavour into otherwise simple sauces. Sub with hen inventory/broth.
And while that is a bird pasta recipe, which would therefore imply that bird is a rather key component, you may without a doubt skip it and nevertheless emerge as with a powerful tasty pasta!!
How to make it
Right here’s the way it goes down. It’s very simple and has a pleasing float to it:
- sear then shred bird;
- saute garlic then deglaze pan with white wine or chook broth;
- plonk all of the different sauce matters in and simmer while the pasta’s cooking;
- then toss pasta with sauce until the spaghetti adjustments from yellow to crimson and the sauce is clinging to the pasta instead of pooled inside the skillet.
I suppose you’ll like that there’s no cutting referred to as for in this recipe, aside from reducing the hen breasts in half of to cause them to thinner so they cook dinner quicker and more lightly. though without a doubt, you may absolutely pass that and simply sear the breasts whole.
And on a final observe, why shredded hen?
normal readers recognize I’m a massive fan of shredded meats. From Shredded beef Chili to Shredded red meat Ragu, to shredded fowl tacos and nachos, the purpose I’m any such fan is because i really like how the shredded meat acts as a mop so the sauce clings to it. It’s just an all spherical higher ingesting experience!!
complete your meal with a Rocket Salad with Balsamic Dressing. The fresh peppery flavour of the rocket (arugula) pairs so properly with pasta!