Bean and Cheese Quesadillas are so easy to throw collectively with mini tortillas, beans, cheese and greens- best sport day snack or appetizer.
Those vegetarian bean and cheese quesadillas make for the appropriate smooth appetizer. Made with mini tortillas or even wonton wrappers, these small bites are geared up in less than 10 mins and they’re low in calories. splendid for game day snacks, those could be a hit with the whole family!
You can also try my recipe of Chicken Shawarma it’s super easy and delicious.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Tortillas: i take advantage of mini tortillas for those quesadillas in order that they may be a incredible handheld snack, perfect for game day! you may use large tortillas if you want and cut them into quarters.
- Beans: i exploit canned black beans for those quesadillas, drain and rinse them properly earlier than including. i really like to mash them with a spatula in order that they stick with the tortillas. you could additionally use refried beans.
- Onions & peppers: i exploit a white onion, finely diced, for a burst of taste at the side of jalapeno peppers for a moderate spice. feel loose to feature in or swap other aromatics.
- Taco seasoning: Use your preferred logo, or you can make your own in case you opt for.
- Shredded cheese: i use a Mexican cheese mixture, but you may use cheddar or a Tex Mex combo.
How to Make Bean and Cheese Quesadillas
- Cook dinner the onions and jalapenos with olive oil till soft.
- Add inside the black beans and taco seasoning and stir to heat thru.
- Mash the beans with the lower back of a spatula.
- Place the tortillas onto a heated grill pan or the same pan you used to prepare dinner the stuffing
- Divide the bean mixture on to half of of each tortilla.
- Add the shredded cheese. Fold over and prepare dinner on each sides, flipping very cautiously.
Tips for Making the Recipe Well
Make them faster with the aid of using refried beans. once I at the beginning shared this recipe, I used refried beans. but, I choose the consistency of whole beans cooked with onion and jalapeños.
Cut larger tortillas into smaller spherical ones to make them smaller. If you could’t locate mini tortillas, you could simply make your personal. I’ve additionally made this before with wontons and they’re ideal that way.
Use a grill pan for cooking. There’s some thing about the ones grill marks which might be so appetizing, you may easily healthy four mini tortillas on a grill pan so it’s clean to make a batch straight away.
Don’t overstuff the quesadillas. each one will maintain most effective approximately 2-three tablespoons of the bean and cheese mixture. That makes it simpler to flip and they’re without a doubt just higher after they’re thinner and greater crispy.
Frequently Asked Questions
What cheese is best for quesadillas?
I use a Mexican shredded cheese blend for my these bean quesadillas. It has a mild flavor and it melts really well. It’s important to use a good melting cheese, as it works as a glue to hold the quesadillas together. Mozzarella would work as well and it would have a milder flavor.
Can you make these ahead of time?
These appetizers are best served immediately, straight out of the pan. If you wish, you can make the filling ahead of time and keep covered in the fridge until ready to use.
Can you freeze quesadillas?
Yes! But I recommend freezing before cooking. Lay them flat on a baking sheet until firm. Then transfer to a freezer bag or airtight container for up to 2 months. You can cook them from frozen by placing them on the heated skillet and cooking for 2-3 minutes per side until heated through.