Creamy cucumber salad made with clean dill, sour cream, and onions! This summer season salad is prepared in five minutes and is best for BBQs and picnics!
This creamy cucumber salad is light, refreshing, and oh so creamy! Tangy sour cream, a touch of purple wine vinegar, sparkling dill, garlic, and red onions make this cucumber salad impossible to resist.
Summertime is the proper time for picnics and outdoor barbecues. And what higher manner to have fun the nice and cozy climate than with a scrumptious cucumber salad? This recipe is easy to make and takes handiest 5 minutes to put together. It’s best for potlucks, events, or another summer season accumulating. So accumulate your ingredients, and permit’s get commenced!
Why You’ll Love This Creamy Cucumber Salad With Sour Cream
Tart and refreshing. The mixture of bitter cream, vinegar, and dill gives this cucumber salad a tangy taste this is flawlessly balanced by means of the impartial flavor of the cucumber and crimson onions.
Easy to make. This recipe comes together quickly and doesn’t require any cooking. virtually combine all the ingredients in a bowl, and you’re achieved!
Crowd pleaser. This salad is constantly successful at potlucks and events. whether you’re serving it to family, friends, or strangers, anyone will adore it!
Can be eaten as a snack. This salad is mild and refreshing, making it the proper snack or aspect dish. It’s additionally a excellent manner to get your each day dose of vegetables!
Ingredients to Make Creamy Cucumber Salad and Onion Salad
- Cucumbers: i really like to apply English cucumbers due to the fact they’re thinner and have fewer seeds than ordinary cucumbers. however, you may use some thing form of cucumber you’ve got handy, like Persian cucumbers.
- Red onions: I opt to use pink onions in this salad due to the fact they’re barely sweeter than white or yellow onions. however, you may use something kind of onion you have reachable.
- Bitter cream: You’ll want approximately ½ cup of bitter cream for this recipe. i really like to use complete-fat sour cream, however you may use mild or non-fats in case you’re looking your calories.
- Dill: sparkling dill is pleasant, but you could also use dried dill if that’s all you have got.
- Pink wine vinegar: provides every other layer of flavor to the salad.
- Seasoning: a touch little bit of sugar to balance the acidity, garlic powder, salt, and pepper is all you need to season this cucumber salad.
How to Make a Creamy Cucumber Salad
- In a medium bowl, add the bitter cream, vinegar, dill, sugar, and garlic powder.
- Blend till well blended. taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the sliced cucumbers and crimson onions on pinnacle of the sour cream dressing.
- Lightly fold the bitter cream and cucumbers together until well blended.
Tips for Making Creamy Cucumber Dill Salad
Thinly slice your cucumbers and onions. To get even slices, I recommend using a mandoline or even a vegetable peeler. If you don’t have one, you can also use a sharp knife.
Use fresh dill. Fresh dill has a much better flavor than dried dill. If you can’t find fresh dill, you can use dried, but you’ll need to use less since it’s more potent.
Taste as you go. Be sure to taste the salad before serving and adjust the seasoning as necessary. You may want to add more salt, pepper, or vinegar, depending on your preferences.
Serve immediately. This salad is best served immediately after it’s made. If you let it sit for too long, the cucumbers will release water and make the salad soggy.
Popular Substitutions & Additions (Creamy Cucumber Salad)
Use mayo or greek yogurt rather than sour cream. if you’re now not keen on bitter cream, you can use mayonnaise or maybe greek yogurt alternatively. I suggest the usage of ½ cup of either for this recipe.
Make it vegan. in case you prefer not to apply any dairy on this recipe, you may make this with simple unsweetened coconut yogurt or almond yogurt.
Add in some chopped herbs. in case you want to add extra flavor to the salad, try including in some chopped sparkling herbs like parsley or chives.
Make it spicier with a pinch of cayenne. For a bit little bit of heat, strive including a pinch of cayenne pepper to the salad.
Add in a few diced avocado. Avocado is a brilliant addition to this salad because it adds creaminess and healthy fat.
What to Serve With Your Easy Creamy Cucumber Salad
- Grilled chicken Shish Kabobs
- Thai Coconut Chicken
- Seekh Kebab
- Grilled Tandoori Chicken
- Malai Chicken Tikka
How to Store Creamy Cucumber Salad With Sour Cream
Cucumber salad is best served immediately after it’s made. The cucumbers will start to leech water shortly after the salad is made.
How Long Will Creamy Cucumber Salad Last in the Fridge?
If you do have leftovers you want to store, they will last about 24-48 hours in the fridge. You can drain off the excess liquid or mix it in.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can i make cucumber salad ahead of time?
i’d no longer recommend making cucumber salad more than an hour earlier because the cucumbers will begin to release water, and the salad will become soggy.
How do you hold cucumber salad from getting watery?
Cucumbers are around ninety% water making it close to impossible to maintain them from getting watery. you may sprinkle a few salt without delay to your reduce cucumbers and area them in a colander for 30 or so mins to help draw out a number of the water.
Do I want to peel the cucumbers before adding them to the salad?
Nope! you can go away the cucumbers unpeeled if you’d like. I personally opt to depart them unpeeled as it saves time, and that i just like the look of the inexperienced peel in the salad. Plus, the skin is complete of vitamins.