learn how to make french toast flawlessly every time with this smooth, top recommendations and hints – perfect for easy breakfast or Sunday brunch
Use this method to discover ways to make smooth French toast. home made French toast is a superb way to use less-than-clean bread. In truth, slightly stale, hard bread has the perfect texture to absorb the scrumptious, eggy custard. You can also make Salted Caramel Brûlée Latte for the addition in your breakfasts!
Ingredients & Substitutions
Bread: Whatever you have! Many prefer the flavor of either plain white bread or eggy loafs like brioche or challah. French bread, cinnamon or baguettes, whole wheat are all great, too.
Eggs: Again, any type will do, but keep in mind most recipes are written using large eggs. If not using larger ones, add splash of milk.
Milk: Whole cow’s milk is traditional, but non-dairy milks work, too. For the richest flavor and texture, use heavy cream.
Brown sugar: Any granulated sugar – white, sugar in the raw or turbinado – will work, too. If using one of the larger-grained sugars, thoroughly stir in milk to dissolve before adding eggs
Spices: Heat baking spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, cardamom, or pumpkin spice mix will all work well.
How to Make French Toast
- Add eggs, milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg to a bowl, extensive sufficient for dunking the bread without difficulty.
- With a fork or whisk, in a timely fashion beat together eggs, milk, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg till smooth.
- Dip the bread slices into the batter.
- Permit each slice to absorb the custard nicely on each sides.
- Transfer the dredged slices to the lightly greased griddle or pan.
- Prepare dinner on each aspect till golden brown.
Tips for making French Toast
- Go for thick slices of bread. skinny slices generally tend to disintegrate in the pan.
- Adjust the soak time for your selected degree of custard -y- ness. if you need a custardy, eggy toast, submerge for an extended time. want to taste the bread within the center? Do a brief dunk.
- Allow the form of bread manual your soaking time, too. Stale bread and thicker or dense slices will want a longer soak than thinner or brisker breads.
- Don’t torch the toast. a nice medium-ish burner will permit the toast to brown (properly!) even as letting the center of the toast gently heat (also exact!)
Frequently Asked Questions
How lengthy does French toast ultimate within the refrigerator?
French toast is satisfactory loved inside days.
Is French toast freezable?
honestly. permit to chill, wrap tightly in a freezer-pleasant wrapping, and freeze for as much as four months. Re-heat within the microwave or toaster oven.
What other flavors or toppings are pleasant with French toast?
Get creative with toppings: jam, a dusting of confectioner’s sugar, apple sauce, bananas, or dollops of whipped cream are all tasty, however it’s miles up to you!