The last retro sausage recipe – Curried Sausages! Browned sausages in a curry-flavoured sausage gravy with carrots and peas, it’s totally eighty’s, absolutely kitsch, and we completely find it irresistible.
Curried sausages are as retro as bell backside pants. and because the fashion astute are nicely conscious, flares are regularly making a comeback…..
but curried sausages in no way went out of favor as far as I’m involved!!
if you’re doubtful about this retro classic, consider it this manner: Curried Sausages are without a doubt just sausages with gravy, with the addition of curry flavor.
So if you like the ones 3 things, then this sausage recipe has your name written all over it!
What you need
There’s no longer that good deal that goes in this – and apart from the curry powder, it’s the same ingredients as Bangers and Mash (Sausages with Gravy and Mash).
you’ll find some vintage faculty recipes that make curried sausages with water rather than broth/inventory, however, I, in my opinion, locate it lacks flavor.
you’ll also discover a few vintage-faculty recipes that call for the sausages to be boiled as opposed to brown. That made me want to cry!?
How to make it
Curried Sausages are a superb brief dinner recipe. The part that takes the longest is browning the sausages – about 6 to 8 minutes. The curried sausage gravy simplest takes approximately 5 mins to make!
brown sausages, then cast off and reduce into chunks if desired – or maintain the entire
- sauté onion and garlic – an important flavour base for an otherwise simple sauce;
- cook dinner off curry powder – this little more step will deliver the curry flavor, once more, an essential step for a simple sauce. I do this in all my easy curry recipes which include my everyday bird Curry and Curried Rice;
- cook off flour – this can thicken the gravy (sub cornflour/cornstarch for gluten-free, directions in recipe notes);
- slowly add the fowl stock even as blending; then
- upload sausages, carrots, and peas;
- simmer for a couple of minutes – the sauce will thicken into a gravy consistency
serve over mash, rice, noodles, or mop up with bread!
if you hadn’t stuck on yet – Curried Sausages are maximum honestly now not a conventional Indian curry! whilst the curry flavor is certainly not as strong or complicated as with Indian curry favorites like bird Tikka Masala and Butter chicken, it’s a long way quicker to make with a fragment of the components and delicious in its right.
I’ve been quite restricted with the vegetables in this recipe, however, it can truly take more – there are masses of curry gravy. otherwise, strive it with a facet of a garden salad or leafy veggies tossed with vinaigrette, Balsamic Dressing, or even the simple vinaigrette used on this everyday Cabbage Salad.