This sparkling and scrumptious vegan Chickpea Salad is short and smooth to put together. Loaded with easy wholesome ingredients and dressed in a easy lemon dressing.
This Chickpea Salad is loaded with sparkling veggies for a nutrient packed and smooth to make recipe. It’s best for make in advance lunches or summer cookouts, and finished with a simple lemon and olive oil dressing.
Ingredients to Make Chickpea Salad
- Chickpeas: Use canned chickpeas for ease and convenience. Drain them and rinse them thoroughly.
- Cucumbers: I like to use Persian cucumbers that are less sweet and more mild, but you can use a regular English cucumber if that’s what you have.
- Tomatoes: I like to use grape tomatoes that have a natural sweetness to them and less water; you can also use cherry tomatoes.
- Avocado: Use a ripe but firm avocado. If you are making the salad ahead of time don’t add the avocado until you are ready to serve.
- Red onions: Red onions add a nice bite to the salad. Be sure to slice finely so that it’s not too overpowering.
- Green Peppers: The peppers add a slight bitterness to the salad. If you don’t like green you can use red, yellow or orange or skip them all together.
- Olives: I like to add olives for a little saltiness. You can replace with capers if you’d like.
- Fresh parsley: Parsley adds a wonderful freshness to the dish and can be substituted with other fresh herbs.
- Olive oil, lemon juice, sumac, cumin, salt and pepper: For the simple and fresh dressing to brings the chickpea salad together so well!
Assemble the Salad
Place the entirety in a bigger serving bowl besides for avocados and dressing. you can try this as much as a day in advance to unfastened up time if vital.
While you’re geared up to serve, drizzle the dressing over the chickpea salad and toss it all collectively.
Add the avocados right before serving so that they appearance their exceptional and don’t rub off on the rest of the chickpea salad ingredient.
Tips to Make This Chickpea Salad
Don’t add the avocado till you’re ready to serve. The avocado will begin to brown if it’s introduced to the salad too early. add it simply as you are ready to serve it and blend it in.
Use canned chickpeas. It makes this salad quick and handy to make. in case you are use dried chickpeas, be sure to check out my how to cook dinner chickpeas publish for all my pointers and hints.
Hold the salad in an airtight box if you are making it beforehand of time. you may add the dressing proper away as there are no leafy veggies that would wilt.
Make it a complete meal via including more protein like grilled chicken or salmon patties. The chickpea salad can really also be served on its own as a meal thanks for the protein-wealthy chickpeas!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this salad vegan?
yes! This chickpea salad is 100% vegan, as well as being gluten-loose and high in protein. It’s makes a excellent healthful meat free lunch that is loaded full of taste.
Can you are making chickpea salad in advance of time?
sure! This salad will hold inside the fridge for three to four days making it ideal for make ahead lunches. remember no longer to add the avocado before serving, but the dressing can be added.
What’s within the dressing?
The dressing is a base of olive oil and sparkling lemon juice – make sure to use sparkling lemon juice not the bottled stuff! it’s miles seasoned with sumac and cumin for a first rate zingy and simple dressing. The dressing may be made ahead of time and kept sealed within the fridge for up to two weeks.