This creamy white sauce will save you money on those days when you need something quick but delicious to take to a party! I also like that it’s low cost and can be done in the future. Drops really work, so don’t skip them! The
is healthy and colorful with toast or pita bread or raw vegetables (aka crudités).
Creamy Feta Dip
In case you’re ever in need of some thing short however home made to interrupt out at a gathering, this Creamy Feta Dip will save the day. All you do is combination feta, cream cheese, a smidge of garlic, lemon zest and olive oil in a food processor, then unfold it on a plate and sprinkle/drizzle with toppings.
all of it simply takes a lazy 30 seconds. How smooth is that??
No food processor? No issues! simply use a stick blender as an alternative.
What you need
Here’s what you need to make this Feta Dip.
1. THE DIP ITSELF
- Danish feta – The sort of feta I’m using today is referred to as “Danish feta” right here in Australia (also called “Danish white”). it’s miles distinctive to the 9aaf3f374c58e8c9dcdd1ebf10256fa5 conventional Greek feta because it has a creamy rather than crumbly texture. this is what makes it ideal to apply for making this feta dip because it’s comes out ultra clean with very little blitzing!
- Crumbly Greek feta works pleasant and might be extra real to use in case you’re aiming for a conventional Greek mezze dip. but simply be aware that the dip will come to be with faint graininess to it no matter how lengthy you blitz for. The only way to eliminate it’s far to pass it via a high-quality mesh strainer. without a doubt, a lot less difficult just to use Danish feta!
- Cream cheese and olive oil – these upload a bit of more fats for smoothness and richness to the dip. I discover that the use of feta on my own is a little too briney and sharp, for my flavor.
- Garlic – only a little bit, 1/four teaspoon, as the flavour of uncooked garlic in that is genuinely quite harsh! I thought left in a single day it might soften and meld with the opposite flavours better however it didn’t. So I keep returned pretty lots on the garlic in this recipe!
- i take advantage of a garlic press – short and smooth. if you don’t have one, you may grate the garlic the use of a microplane or “smear” finely minced garlic to make a paste the use of the aspect of a knife. If creating a paste, lessen to one/8 teaspoon (as paste is extra excessive than using a garlic press).
- Lemon zest – provides a chunk of vibrant lemon flavour. It’s optionally available, but I virtually do think it provides a little something.
- Salt – You’d assume the salt within the feta would be enough, wouldn’t you? And perhaps for some it is, but I think it desires a hint more. just upload this in on the give up so that you can modify to taste.
- Right here are the toppings I’ve selected. This dip is a clean canvas for experimenting with toppings, though! I’ve supplied a few different pointers under.
- Honey – The hero topping! The mixture of candy honey with salty cheese is a traditional cheeseboard flavour pairing so it comes as no marvel that it works extraordinarily properly with Feta Dip too. Don’t maintain returned on the honey! trust me. opportunity: Maple syrup
- Olive oil – for extra richness, and also for visuals. lovely puddles of golden olive oil dappling the white dip floor simply appears so attractive.
- Pistachios or other nuts of choice. i really like pistachios for flavour and for their lovable inexperienced coloration. Almonds, walnuts, macadamia and hazelnuts could also work well.
- Chilli flakes / pink pepper flakes – only a pinch, for a touch of heat!
- Lemon zest – optional, for an additional final sprinkle of sparkling lemon. If I’m long on lemons, I’ll add it. but greater often than not in recent times, I seem to have fruit bowls full of white zest-less lemons!
- Parsley – definitely, I simply add a pinch of a piece of extra inexperienced shade. consider it entirely non-obligatory! For flavour, coriander/cilantro or mint might be suitable, more or less torn and scattered over.
MORE TOPPING OPTIONS
There are few dips in this global with such a lot of topping possibilities! a few guidelines: maple syrup, other nuts and seeds (almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, pecans, macadamia, pepitas, sunflower seeds), dried fruit (cranberries, bitter cherries, apricots), olives, sun dried tomatoes, artichokes or other pickled things, cilantro/coriander.
How to make feta dip
- That is a difficult one….. you’re certain you’re ready for it??? unload and blitz!
- Blitz – placed the entirety besides the oil in a food processor and blitz until clean, scraping down the sides a couple of times. it’s going to take 10 to 20 seconds if you’re the usage of creamy Danish feta, because the recipe requires. it could take a few minutes in case you’re using crumbly Greek feta.
- Olive oil – With the motor jogging, slowly pour the oil in via the feeder, then blitz for a further 10 seconds on excessive till it comes together right into a easy creamy dip.
- spread in shallow bowl – Scrape out and unfold the dip in a completely shallow bowled plate or a everyday plate so it’s around 1.five cm thick (0.6″). We want a good quantity of surface area here so every scoop has a pleasing ratio of toppings to dip!
- Dents & swirls – Make massive dents/swirls throughout the floor of the dip using the back of a dessert spoon. No want to channel your Picasso within, as soon as it’s covered in toppings no one can tell in case you’ve created art or a total random mess along with your swirls (latter for me!). We simply want first-rate huge dents for swimming pools of honey and olive oil to settle in.
- Toppings – Drizzle and sprinkle with toppings. Then that’s it! You’re finished. geared up for dunking and scooping!
What to serve with Creamy Feta Dip
My favored factor to serve the dip with is thick slices of baguette warmed in the oven. I don’t even toast it till golden, I simply pop the bread within the oven to warm it up. other carb alternatives include:
- Lebanese bread, cut into wedges – an splendid low-cost alternative (and fast to do, simply stack and reduce with a knife)
- Pita or other flatbreads cut into portions
- Ritz or different crackers of choice
Then of course, in case you choose to bring forth a insurrection of attractively shiny shade whilst engaging people to eat their veggies, you may assemble a large raw / par-cooked vegetable platter for the Feta Dip. That’s crudités, for the luxurious among you. Me, i will constantly call them veggie sticks!