Crispy crumbled chicken thighs in the oven. Good seasoning, crispy skin and juicy meat. It tastes like KFC! Also, my advice is how to cut the chicken without getting it on your hands. No more marshmallow fingers!
Crunchy crumbed chicken drumsticks
I have a weakness for chicken thighs. More juicy, tastier and more economical than chicken breast. As a bonus, handheld foods can be a little more fun.
Nobody eats chicken legs with a fork, right? ?
Never! Very civilized and more wasteful. You can’t keep all the meat off the bone with the dishes! ! !
Ingredients in crunchy crumbed chicken drumsticks
The important thing to this recipe is a formidable flavoured seasoning so there’s plenty of flavour in every chunk despite the fact that we haven’t marinated the chook. here’s what you want – all pantry staples!
The spiciness comes from the chilli / cayenne pepper and an amazing quantity of black pepper. There are modifications in the recipe to make this youngster friendly by both completely casting off the spiciness or lowering it.
And here’s what you want for the crumb coating.
- chook drumsticks aka bird legs. If yours were frozen, thaw thoroughly and pat dry more nicely else you may emerge as with soggy patches.
- Egg and flour – the glue for the breadcrumbs. (playstation I thought 2 eggs became enough however simply, we want three.)
- Panko breadcrumbs – A eastern breadcrumb favoured for the more-crispy coating it offers crumbed foods. you can buy it at most huge supermarkets (AUS – Coles, Woolworths, Harris) within the Asian foods phase and Asian shops (cheaper!). alternative with everyday breadcrumbs.
How to make crunchy crumbed drumsticks
- i really like to break up the seasoning between the flour and the panko, for max flavour effect!
- Seasoning – mix the seasoning in a small bowl.
- Season flour and breadcrumbs – Use 1 tablespoon of the seasoning for the flour, then mix the rest in with the panko.
- Crumbing (with out making a mess!)- Use one hand to coat a drumstick inside the flour then shake off excess. Use the equal hand to coat the drumstick in egg, then permit the extra to drip off. nonetheless the usage of the same hand, area the drumstick within the panko, then use your other hand to sprinkle with panko. Press to adhere, rotate and coat all over with panko. area on rack. wonder at smooth(ish) hands!!
- Repeat with final drumsticks, lining them up so they’re flippantly spaced.
- Spray generously with canola or other oil. i like to use canola oil because it comes out like a foam so i can see wherein I’ve sprayed. (playstation The greater you spray, the extra golden and crunchy the coating. So don’t maintain lower back!)
- Bake for 25 minutes at 2 hundred°C/four hundred°F (180°C fan). turn drumsticks, spray again, then bake for a similarly 20 mins or till gorgeously golden and crunchy. let them cool for five mins – which also offers the crumb a chance to “set” – then dive in!
What to serve with crunchy drumsticks
God, there are no rules here. I ate it with Supreme Soy Noodles and crushed cucumber the day I made the video recipe. Definitely not an obvious choice, but still exciting!
Try what I call a 2-in-1 dish to make your life easier. These are sides that combine many vegetables and starches in one dish, so you can cook instead of making a starchy side dish to cook. .
Some personal favorite 2-in-1 items include:
- Purple Rice – made with red cabbage (think how colorful your dinner plate will be!)
- Mediterranean Brown Rice Salad
- Marinated Vegan Pasta Salad!
- Garlic Butter Kale Rice – The best way I know to convert haters! !
- Chickpea Salad
- Lentil and Roasted Eggplant Salad