Baked potato wedges are so easy to make you just need olive oil, salt, black pepper, paprika, garlic powder and chopped parsley. Crafted from scratch, those oven baked potato wedges are the perfect home made treat and side dish. Deliciously & crispy!
Flawlessly seasoned and deliciously tasty, those homemade oven baked potato wedges are one yummy chunk! Made with Russet potatoes, they arrive out crispy on the outsides and mild and fluffy within the middle.
INGREDIENTS & SUBSTITUTIONS
- Potatoes: For the first-class outcomes, use Russet potatoes. those are starchy potatoes that get first-class and fluffy when they are baked. Yukon Gold may even paintings well. avoid waxy potatoes like reds or fingerlings.
- Oil: The potato wedges are tossed in oil so the rims get fine and crispy. we adore to use olive oil, but canola or vegetable will paintings properly too.
- Seasonings: Salt, garlic powder, paprika and black pepper.
HOW TO MAKE BAKED POTATO WEDGES
- Cut the potatoes into wedges; each potato will make 8 wedges
- Soak in cold water for 30 minutes.
- Toss the wedges in the oil and seasonings.
- Bake until golden brown and crispy.
TIPS FOR BAKED POTATO WEDGES
Don’t skip submerging the potatoes in water. you may try this for half-hour or overnight, but the soaking method helps to do away with extra potato starch. And meaning that the potatoes are less probably to stick together and more likely to get very crispy in the oven.
Cut the wedges as calmly as you can. If a few wedges are thicker than others they won’t bake thru lightly, so some may be overcooked and others could be undercooked.
Make certain that the wedges are nicely coated in the oil. The oil facilitates to get the edges pleasant and crispy. If less difficult you can toss everything collectively in a bowl before laying on the baking sheet.
Bake the wedges in a single layer. If they are overlapping, they won’t cook dinner frivolously and every one won’t have crispy edges. They shouldn’t be touching at all. Overcrowding the baking sheet can also motive them to steam and get soggy.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can you’re making them in advance and reheat?
Those baked potato wedges are first-rate enjoyed as quickly as they may be cooked so that they stay first-rate and crispy. if you do have leftovers, they can be loved day after today, reheat them in a preheated oven at 400F until they crisp up again.
Can you peel the potatoes?
It’s genuinely not necessary to peel the potatoes to make these wedges; simply deliver the potatoes a terrific scrub beneath water to take away and unfastened dust. The skins crisp up in reality properly while roasted and add a super texture. if you opt for even though, you may peel them.
What do you serve them with?
These oven baked potato wedges are exquisite served as an appetizer with an onion dip with ketchup or ranch, or serve them up as a facet with a primary like:
Baked Sesame Chicken
Roasted Cherry Tomato Pasta
Thai Coconut Chicken