Discover a remarkably simple 10-minute fish recipe that yields impressive results with minimal work! This Parmesan Crumbed Fish boasts a crispy, golden, garlic-infused coating – and the best part? No need for messy dredging.
As an added bonus, indulge in this incredibly healthy fish dish, with each serving containing only 260 calories!
EASY Fish recipe!
I’m quite fond of a delightfully crispy Pan Fried Fish, and while it only demands 7 minutes of your time, we all encounter those days when tackling flour dusting and the sizzling oil dance on the stovetop feels like a bit too much, right?
Enter my brainchild from my past corporate life: the Parmesan Crusted Fish. I dubbed it the “Emergency Fish” recipe due to its sheer effortlessness, making it possibly the most uncomplicated fish dinner I’ve encountered. Not to mention, the rewards far outweigh the minimal exertion, and there’s the added perk of it being a health-conscious choice.
Imagine dedicating just 3 minutes of your busy schedule to this endeavor:
- Impeccably cooked, succulent fish
- A crispy, golden, garlic-kissed parmesan coating that’s so delectable, you’ll be tempted to devour it directly from the bowl
- An absence of stovetop chaos
- Wholesomeness derived from scratch ingredients
- A fish-centric dinner that manages to be both phenomenally quick and wonderfully uncomplicated, all while refusing to compromise on its delectable nature!
My emergency Easy Fish Recipe: how to make it
Once you witness the method behind crafting this masterpiece, the reasoning behind its “Emergency Fish” title will become crystal clear!
Parmesan Crumb Magic – Begin by sending a couple of garlic cloves through a garlic crusher, then combine them with store-bought finely grated parmesan (the sandy variant), breadcrumbs, a dash of salt, pepper, and a graceful drizzle of oil. Adding parsley is purely at your discretion!
Mellow Mustard “Adhesive” – Gently spread a layer of mustard onto the fish, akin to buttering a slice of toast! This mustard not only acts as our adhesive for the crumb (eliminating the mess of dredging in egg) but also imparts a delightful flavor;
Firmly press the fish into the crumb mixture;
Stand amazed at how perfectly it clings!
Place the adorned fish onto a skillet that’s been PREHEATED, and either slide it under a broiler/grill or opt for baking – the preheated skillet ensures the fish cooks from beneath while the heating elements lavish attention from above, resulting in a splendidly golden crumb;
Just 5 minutes later, revel (once more!) in the stunning golden hue of the crumb and the impeccable doneness of the fish!
What you need
Now, let’s gather the essentials for my fuss-free Emergency Fish recipe.
Feel free to consider parsley as an optional addition! Also, any variety of fish will do the trick here. However, if your fish measures more than 2cm / 4/5″ in thickness, it’s advisable to opt for oven cooking instead of relying on the broiler/grill (specific instructions provided in the recipe).
Super fast fish recipe
This fish recipe offers the flexibility of being prepared either under the grill/broiler or in the oven. However, my personal preference leans towards utilizing the broiler for two compelling reasons:
- Speedy Satisfaction: With this method, a white fish fillet measuring 2 cm / 4/5″ in thickness can be perfectly cooked within a mere 5 to 6 minutes – nearly half the time it takes within the confines of an oven.
- Enhanced Golden Brilliance: The close proximity to the heat source ensures the crumb takes on a marvelous golden hue while ensuring the fish remains impeccably cooked. For those who opt for oven preparation, you have two choices: you can either engage the broiler towards the end or, if you’re after an exceptionally golden crumb, you can employ my technique of pre-toasting the breadcrumbs in the oven prior to crumbing the fish – a strategy akin to my approach for crafting the baked Homemade Filet-O-Fish.
What to serve with Parmesan Crumbed Fish
In the images within the post, you’ll spot the fish elegantly placed atop Creamy Mashed Cauliflower – a delightful choice that was conveniently available (I have a soft spot for keeping a tub on standby!). Back in my corporate stint, the go-to was the swift and flavorsome Garlic White Bean Mash In A Flash.
However, speaking frankly, when time is of the essence, to create a swift meal, all you need is toasting some bread, selecting a handful of vibrant leafy greens, followed by a drizzle of oil and a dash of zesty lemon juice, rounded off with a pinch of salt and pepper – et voilà!
Dinner is served, and it graces your table within a mere 10 minutes!